01 Mar Spring Cleaning Your Photo Collection
Posted at 16:14h in Certified Photo Organizer, Digitize Slides, Digitizing Pictures, DIY Photo Organizing, Family Memories, Gathering Photos, Gulf Freeway Corridor, Houston TX Area, Organizing Pictures, Photo Sharing Ideas, Scanning Memorabilia, Scanning Negatives, Scanning photo albums, Scanning Prints, Scanning scrapbooks, Scanning Slides, Slides to USB, Sorting Pictures 0 Comments
Are you tired of thinking about your messy photo collection, and would like to do something about it?
There are several steps to organizing photos, some could be delegated, some are best done by you.
The steps are:
- Unfortunately, this step cannot be delegated. But, luckily, it’s the ONLY step that cannot be delegated.
- Here is a helpful blog that could get you started: https://preciousmemsphoto.com/2018/03/spring-has-sprung-time-to-spring-clean/
- Once the photo collection has been located, you always have the option to turn the entire mess over to a Photo Organizer. The Organizer will ask you some questions to get a better idea of what is important to you.
- If you prefer to sort the pictures yourself, you could refer to this blog for guidance: https://preciousmemsphoto.com/2018/05/abcs-of-photo-sorting/
- To achieve good quality images, it’s best to use photo scanners. Using your phone, iPad or printer/scanner will generate ok images, but not high quality images. If you have a photo scanner, and prefer to scan your own, you could always do that.
- If you prefer to have the scanning done in a timely manner with professional equipment, it’s best to contact a Photo Organizer, such as PreciousMemories to help with this step.
- Creating a Photo Hub, one location where all the images are organized is another thing that you could do on your own.
- Alternatively, this task could be turned over to a Photo Organizer.
- Backing up
- Backing up your images is crucial for preserving the pictures for future generations. Hard disks can fail, so having your photos backed up will allow you to restore them if disaster hits.
- Understanding how to back up your photos can get a little technical. Here are a couple of blogs to help you set up a photo back up system with Amazon Prime Photos:
- If these are too much, you can always contact a Photo Organizer to help.
- There are quite a few photo backup systems. There are pro’s and con’s to all of them.
- This is the most fun step – when you can show your family and friends the results of your hard work.
- Some people take pleasure in creating their own photo books or family photo websites.
- Others would prefer to have this done for them by a Photo Organizer.
If you need help or guidance with any of the steps, please contact PreciousMemories at www.PreciousMems.com.